Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Globe Tatoo better than Smart Bro in Dumaguete?


Is it just me or does everyone else have slow Internet speed using Smart Bro in Dumaguete City? I recently purchased a Globe Tatoo kit and speeds using speedtest.net usually range around 400kbs to 1.5 mbps in my area. If I use my HSDPA w890i cellphone using a SMART sim I could only get 115kbps and only a 3g signal, no HSDPA. Now, if you guys say that it must be a phone issue, I placed my Globe sim in my cellphone and guess what, the HSDPA indicator just went on. The speedtest I did using the Globe sim on my cellphone was the same as the one I got using my Globe Tatoo USB Modem.

For all those not familiar with (High Speed Downlink Packet Access) HSDPA, it is faster than 3G. For Dumaguete, the speed i get maxes out at 3.6 mbps for HSDPA while for 3G it maxes out at 115 kbps.

This could only mean one thing. There is no HSDPA signal for Smart in Dumaguete City while there is for Globe. I’ve also attached a map of the general vicinity where I did the comparison between Globe Tatoo and Smart Bro in Dumaguete.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh hell yeah....As of the moment, I am using smartbro. I am in Siaton so I am expecting the connection to slower than normal...

But I don't expect it to be very,very slow...
I regret buying this piece of ****...

You better choose globe over smart if you are a wise buyer.

Nick said...

Globe signal in Siaton was faster than the speed I got here at home in Bagacay... unfair!

Here, it keeps changing from HSDPA to EGDE then to GPRS..

salenayoungs said...

DirecTV offers the best choices. With DirecTV, you can enjoy more than 285 channels--including over 170 HD channels.

Enjoy sports and movie choices that are unrivaled by any other provider. Gather the family together to enjoy

DirecTV's great choices in family entertainment. Watch news from around the world, find out what is happening in

your town, enjoy great music, have a laugh with entertaining comedies or take in a wonderful classic movie. You can

also enjoy content that is exclusive to DirecTV. No matter your tastes, DirecTV has choices that you will like.

get directv