Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Using my w890i and MSI Wind u100 for SKYPE Free of charge using SMART Prepaid SIM



Here’s one quick guide to use SKYPE for free. What I use is my w890i cellphone with a SMART sim (Make sure to maintain at least 1 peso load). You also need a computer, what I used is my trusty MSI wind u100. Once the Sony Ericsson PC Suite has been installed in your computer try to connect your cellphone to your computer and make a connection to the Internet. You would be able to connect to the SMART network however you will not be able to browse websites or connect to your favorite IM clients, or so it seems.

I accidentally found out one day that you can use SKYPE to connect even though you only have one peso of load. I used to make a couple of calls internationally to friends without charge. I even leave my SKYPE on when I sleep. Not bad huh? Check it out for yourselves. This may just be a network glitch but hey, let’s use it as long as it’s free of charge.

Anyone out there can share their experiences regarding this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...that phone is really the one that freelancers are looking for. With a laptop in hand, you could just get online anytime, anywhere with phone....

Nice blog dude....

www.mysiaton.com