Sunday, July 26, 2009

Best Internet Service Provider in Dumaguete



Planning to have Internet access in your home? Here is my experience on the ISP ( Internet Service Provider) companies here in Dumaguete City.

Last Feb 2009 I was looking around for an ISP that would provide me with a good Internet connection at home. Here in Dumaguete I came up with 3 choices, SMARTBRO fixed wireless, GLOBELINES DSL and SkyCable Broadband.

Here was my assessment of the 3

SMART - Needed an outdoor antenna (Canopy)
GLOBELINES - comes with a landline (with cellphones available cheap, who uses these?)
SkyCable - comes bundled with cable service

I also asked around from friends who subscribed to these providers. GLOBELINES DSL was actually pretty good, less downtime experienced and the speed was pretty fast for the 1mbps connection. The only problem was that if there is a downtime it would last almost a day according to my friends.

I was able to check the SMARTBRO fixed wireless from a friends house. Internet speed was pretty decent however I was not able to check on downtimes.



I ended up subscribing with SkyCable Broadband, the bundled cable service was the main selling point for me. I signed up for their 384 kbps service and after waiting for 2 days cable service and Internet was already running in my house.

What's good about SkyCable Broadband here in Dumaguete is that I have only experienced 2 downtimes ( no Internet connection at all) so far since I got connected and they only lasted 2 hours at most. Speed is good, have not experienced any slow browsing problems at all. This might be due to the new Scientific Atlanta cable modems that they provide to their subscribers.

If you are looking for an excellent Internet Service Provider try to visit the SkyCable office in Dumaguete located at the ground floor of GAT Bldg. which is at the corner of Real and San Jose streets. You could also call them at 225-7691, 225-7693 and 422-7049 for further details.

6 comments:

Harold said...

I wish makaabot sila sa siaton...kanus-a pa dagay...

salenayoungs said...

DirecTV offers the best choices. With DirecTV, you can enjoy more than 285 channels--including over 170 HD channels.

Enjoy sports and movie choices that are unrivaled by any other provider. Gather the family together to enjoy

DirecTV's great choices in family entertainment. Watch news from around the world, find out what is happening in

your town, enjoy great music, have a laugh with entertaining comedies or take in a wonderful classic movie. You can

also enjoy content that is exclusive to DirecTV. No matter your tastes, DirecTV has choices that you will like.

get directv

henry newton said...

I really wana thank you for providing such informative and qualitative material so often.

satellite internet

henry newton said...

I really wana thank you for providing such informative and qualitative material so often.

satellite internet

peter watson said...

Your site is very informative and your articles are wonderful.
wireless satellite internet

Shivam Singh said...

Best Internet Service Provider near me : Fusionnet is the greatest Internet provider in Noida, and their best internet services in Noida can confidently be recommended. They provide some reasonable plans as well as excellent customer service. We've always believed in giving the greatest services to our customers. Call us at +91 9711004444.